01/2022 - present
“Providing grounds for recommendations and guidelines to healthcare providers, organizations, research centres, and authorities who interact and deal with minorities across the Nordic countries.”
An adapted model based on health belife model and information seeking behaviour
Miexd method (Semistructured interviews and structrured survay)
1. Hamed Ahmadinia (Doctoral candidate) as the lead researcher (Åbo Akademi University)
2- Dr. Kristina Eriksson-Backa as the main supervsor (Åbo Akademi University)
3- Dr. Shahrokh Nikou as co-supervisor (Åbo Akademi University)
Hosts and/or consultants:
1. Professor Jannica Heinström (Oslo Metropolitan University)
2. Professor Ola Pilerot (University of Borås)
1- Research design and data gathering in Finland: Finnish Cultural Fondation
2- Research visit and data ghatering in Norway: Karl-Erik Henriksson Foundation & Åbo Akademi University
3- Research visit and data gathering in Sweden: Åbo Akademis Jubileumsfond
Analyzing data and publishing results.
1. Ahmadinia, H. A Review of Health Beliefs and Their Influence on Asylum Seekers and Refugees’ Health-Seeking Behavior. In: Well-Being in the Information Society: When the Mind Breaks. WIS 2022. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1626. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-14832-3_11 (Jufo level 1) - Download -
2. Ahmadinia, H., Heinström, J., Eriksson-Backa, K., & Nikou, S. (2022). An investigation of health information needs and use of healthcare services among people with asylum seeking background living in Norway, Informaatiotutkimus, 41(2–3), 14–20. https://doi.org/10.23978/inf.122554 (Jufo level 1) - Download -
3. Ahmadinia, H., Eriksson-backa, K., & Nikou, S. (2022). An investigation of unmet health-related information and healthcare services needs of people with asylum-seeking backgrounds – A Case Study of Persian-speaking Minorities in Finland, Informaatiotutkimus, 41(2–3), 8–13. https://doi.org/10.23978/inf.122552 (Jufo level 1) - Download -
4. Ahmadinia, H., Eriksson-Backa, K., Nikou, S., & Heinström, J. (2023) Cues to taking health action among people with asylum-seeking background— Findings from Norway and Finland, accepted for publishing in proceeding of BOBCATSSS 2023: A New Era - Exploring the Possibilities and Expanding the Boundaries, Faculty of Social Sciences Department of Archivistics, Library and Information Science, OsloMet, Norway.
04/2020 - 04/2022
Investigates health-related information seeking behaviour of Persian-speaking minorities living in Finland during COVID-19 pandemic.
An adapted model based on the extended Longo health information model
Qualitative method (Semistructured interviews)
Hamed Ahmadinia (Doctoral candidate), Dr. Kristina Eriksson-Backa & Dr. Shahrokh Nikou (Åbo Akademi University)
This research recived financial supports from OTTO A. MALM FOUNDATION and KAKS (Municipal Sector Development Foundation).
1- Ahmadinia, H., Eriksson-Backa, K., & Nikou, S. (2022). Health information seeking behaviour during exceptional times: A case study of Persian-speaking minorities in Finland. Library & Information Science Research, 44(2), 101156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2022.101156 (Jufo level 3) - Download -
2- Ahmadinia, H., Eriksson-Backa, K., & Nikou, S. (2021). Health-seeking behaviours of immigrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Europe: a systematic review of peer-reviewed articles. Journal of Documentation, 78(7), 18-41. https:// doi.org/10.1108/JD-10-2020-0168 (Jufo level 3) - Download -
• 2019 - Current: D.Sc. Information Studies dissertation "Health related-information
seeking behavior of non-native ethnic minorities in Finland" – Work in progress
• 2017: M.Sc. Information and Knowledge Management thesis "E-Health information seeking behavior of older Finnish adults from the value-based care point of view"
• 2010: M.A Business Administration - Finance thesis "Using systematic and nonsystematic risk measures, a capital asset pricing model, and arbitrage pricing theory to evaluate the performance of investment companies listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange."
10/2011 - present
A: International Peer-Reviewed Journals
• 2023 - Current: SAGE Open (IF 2.032)
• 2022 - Current: Journal of Public Health - Oxford University Press (IF 5.058)
• 2022 - Current: Social Work in Public Health (IF 2.313)
• 2021 - Current: European Management Review (IF 2.534)
• 2021 - Current: International Migration (IF 1.946)
• 2011 - Current: Applied Economics (IF 1.835)
B: International Peer-Reviewed Conferences
• 2022: Associate Reviewer of InSITE 2022: Exploring virtual connections as mechanisms for teaching and research, Informing Science + IT Education Conferences InSITE 2022 – Informing Science Institute, Online, 6 & 7 July 2022. - Link -
• 2018: Co-Editor of WIS Conference: Well-Being in The Information Society – Fighting Inequalities Conference, Turku – Finland, May 2018 - Aug 2018. - Download -
• 2017: Co-Editor of The First Seminar on Financing in Higher Education, Education Association for Scientific Development (meducate.ir), Tehran – Iran, 14 December 2017. - Download -
01/2010 - 09/2013
1. Fathi Z., Afrasiabishani J. and Ahmadinia H., 2011, “Risk Management in Banks,
Financial and Credit Institutions with Modeling Perspective”, (Persian), Shahrashob Pub,
2. Fathi Z., Ahmadinia H, and Afrasiabishani J., 2013, “A Review on Management Accounting With Modern Theories Perspective”, (Persian), Shahrashob Pub., ISBN: 978-964-7513-52-4.
3. Fathi Z., Ahmadinia H. and Afrasiabishani J., 2012,”A Review on Tax Accounting with VAT Perspective”, (Persian), Shahrashob Pub, ISBN: 978-964-7513-46-3.
4. Khodarahmi, B., Daghani, R., and Ahmadinia, H., 2012, Management of Mutual Fund in Iran with Performance Evaluation Perspective, (Persian), Termeh Pub, ISBN: 978-964-9782-29-4.
05/2011 - present
1. BOBCATSSS 2023: A New Era - Exploring the Possibilities and Expanding the Boundaries at OsloMet University, presenting "Cues to taking health action among people with asylum-seeking background— Findings from Norway and Finland", 25-27.01.2023.
2. Information Research Days 2022 at Tampere University, presenting "An investigation of health information needs and use of healthcare services among people with asylum seeking background living in Norway", 3-4.11.2022.
3. Information Research Days 2022 at Tampere University, presenting "An investigation of unmet health-related information and healthcare services needs of people with asylum-seeking backgrounds – A Case Study of Persian-speaking Minorities in Finland", 3-4.11.2022.
4. WELL-BEING IN THE INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHEN THE MIND BREAKS (WIS 2022), "A review of health beliefs and how they influence asylum seekers and refugees’ health-seeking behavior", presented, 24 – 26 August 2022,Turku, Finland.
5. Nordic Network for PhD Students in Information Studies at Københavns Universitet - University of Copenhagen, presenting "Health information-seeking behavior of asylum seekers in Finland ", 30.9-1.10, 2019.
6. Information Research Days 2020 at Faculty of Humanities, University of Oulu, presenting "Preliminary investigation of individuals as information sources among two language minorities during COVID-19 pandemic in Finland", 5.11-6.11.2020.
7. 3th Annual Preventing Fraud and Financial Abuses: Focusing on Banking, Intra-organizational Solutions for Tackling Fraud: Management Perspective, Tehran, Iran. Oral Presentation, January 2013.
8. Accounting and Auditing National Conference, A Review on the Changes of Capital assets Pricing model's Assumptions, University of Sistan and Baluchestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran, Oral Presentation, December 2012.
9. 1ST Annual International Conference on Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Management in Financial Crisis Causes and Solutions, Shiraz, Iran. Oral Presentation, June 2011.
Association for Information Systems (AIS)
The Finnish Research Library Association (STKS)
Finnish Society of Telemedicine and eHealth (STeHS)